January 9, 2010

The sun is shining, in this rainy city..



It's hard to believe the sun could shine here after the amount of rain we've been getting, but it's shining bight, even with the threatening clouds on the horizon.

This morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm, I'm working this weekend which means early mornings of other people's fitness. I don't mind it though, people get out, the endorphins start pumping and the next thing you know it's over before it began. I like this kind of morning, especially when you're out with a good group of people who are working their butts off for you. So what did we do with them? We started with a nice half hour warm up (running- with some squats, lunges, pushups and mountain climbers- 30seconds each x2) and then we did 10minutes of upper body work with 5 minutes of hills; 10minutes of lower leg work with 5minutes of hills; and finally 10minutes of abs with a nice cool down jog and stretch. Depending on the exercise you can do 30seconds or 1minute and if you're by yourself maybe count the reps. For us, we like to stick to 30seconds when you're doing things like pushups and mountain climbers, but for lunges we looove the 60second mark, sometimes even longer!

You just need to do what your body is telling to and there are tons of variations that make it easy, and you don't have to use any equipment to get a good hard workout in. Just make sure you're mixing cardio in with your strength; it's the best way to do functional training and get a good burn.

So there you have it, a little fitness advice for your Saturday morning.

For my own fitness today, I'm playing a game of Field Hockey this afternoon which is sure to hurt tomorrow (I used to play NCAA in Missouri at MSU, when I was in my prime), so wish me luck out there, I will need it on my sprints!

(Breakfast was the above, lunch was this salad below plus a Think Protein bar, had some beef jerky after my field hockey game with a blood orange and then for dinner I had a mexican turkey taco salad, dessert was a couple of my clean cookies with some grapes.. recipe for those cookies to come!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment